Buffalo Wild Wings General Manager Dies In Chemical Incident

Buffalo Wild Wings shari small

(Shari Small/WBZ NewsRadio)

BURLINGTON, Mass. (WBZ NewsRadio/AP) — A Buffalo Wild Wings general manager has died and at least 10 other people have been hospitalized following exposure to a chemical mixture at the Burlington restaurant.

Burlington Fire and Police responded around 5:30 p.m. Thursday to reports of a chemical reaction in the kitchen area, and found General Manager Ryan Baldera, 32, suffering from nausea. Authorities believe he inhaled fumes from a common cleaning agent.

Baldera was taken to an area hospital, where he later died.

"The gentleman who passed away was an employee of Buffalo Wild Wings who attempted to squeegee the product out of the building, when he was overcome," said Burlington Interim Fire Chief Michael Patterson.

The restaurant was evacuated. Chief Patterson said two of those hospitalized were customers, and the rest were employees.

A Buffalo Wild Wings statement says the company is "shocked and saddened" and working with the franchisee and authorities.

The restaurant will remain closed while the investigation continues. OSHA is now joining in on the investigation.

© Copyright 2019 The Associated Press contributed to this report. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

WBZ NewsRadio's Shari Small (@ShariSmallNews) reports

 

Follow WBZ NewsRadio: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | iHeartmedia App

title

Content Goes Here