BOSTON (WBZ NewsRadio) — CVS Pharmacy is opening another 12 locations in the Commonwealth where drive-thru COVID-19 testing will be available.
“As we move into a new phase of combatting the pandemic and as communities begin to safely open up their local economies, we need testing to be easily accessible,” said Troyen Brenna, chief medical officer and executive vice president of CVS Health. “By further expanding the number of drive-thru test sites available across our retail network, more people can be tested closer to home in a familiar setting.”
Last week, CVS announced ten pharmacies in the state that would offer the testing service, many of which were in central and wester Mass, including locations in Worcester, Northampton, and West Springfield.
On Friday, May 22nd, an additional dozen sites were available for appointment-only in-vehicle coronavirus tests. Those new sites are located at:
- 1010 Revere Beach Parkway, Chelsea
- 419 East Falmouth Highway, East Falmouth
- 150 Lafayette Square, Haverhill
- 480 North Franklin Street, Holbrook
- 842 South Franklin Street, Holbrook
- 136 Ashley Boulevard, New Bedford
- 272 Highland Avenue, Salem
- 720 Boston Turnpike Road, Shrewsbury
- 215 College Highway, Southwick
- 800 Lexington Street, Waltham
- 301 Central Street, Winchendon
- 652 South Street, Wrentham
On Friday, Gov. Baker said his administration is submitting a plan to the Federal Government that would ramp up the state's daily testing capacity from 30,000 per day to 75,000 per day by the end of the year, which would make Massachusetts "the largest testing per capita entity in the world."
To find a CVS coronavirus testing site, click here.
To find a list of all coronavirus testing sites in Massachusetts, click here.
(Photo: Getty Images)