23-Yr-Old Dies After Chugging Bottle of Tequila

A 23-year-old Dominican man has died of alcohol poisoning after reportedly downing a whole bottle of tequila in one go for a $630.00 bet. 

Kelvin Rafael Mejía approached a group at a nightclub in the Dominican Republic and bet that he could down a whole bottle of the Mexican alcohol, according to local media reports.

Mr Mejía completed the challenge and received his winnings of 30,000 pesos ($630). 

But minutes later he couldn't stand up and he collapsed in the club’s toilets and later died in hospital. The medical examiner confirmed that he had died of alcohol intoxication. 

The deceased had a two month old daughter. 

A video of the 23-year-old’s challenge has been shared extensively on social media. 

Local police have closed Vacca Lounge temporarily so that an investigation can be carried out into Mr Mejía’s death. However no arrests have been made. 

 
Shaileen

Shaileen

Want to know more about Shaileen? Get her official bio, social pages and articles on JAM'N 94.5!

title

Content Goes Here